Timothy D. Larson

Timothy D. Larson

Executive Director



Academic Program Search

Colleges & Universities

Postsecondary Career Schools

News Room

Out-Of-State Online Registration

Related Links

State Statutes & Legislative Updates


Student Transcripts

Alternate Route to Certification Alternate Route to Certification

Connecticut Commission on Community Service

Regulations of CT State Agencies
Connecticut Still Revolutionary


Out-Of-State Representatives


Representatives of out-of-state private occupational schools that are not authorized by the Office of Higher Education as a private occupational school in Connecticut must obtain a permit to recruit in Connecticut from the Executive Director of the Office of Higher Education. This permit will allow you, as a representative of your school, to visit the residence of any prospective student, solicit enrollments, sell occupational instruction in any form or manner, make representations, and give counsel to prospective students in Connecticut. Application for a permit (per Section 10a-22k-11 of the Regulations of State Agencies) must be in writing and must include the following information: 

  • name, resident address, business address, telephone number and email address of the representative;

  • name and address of the school or schools he or she represents;

  • evidence that the school is authorized to give instruction by the State where the school is located and is in good standing;

  • evidence that the school, if a corporation, is in good standing where incorporated, and is registered in good standing to do business in Connecticut; and

  • copies of the school catalog, sales literature and enrollment agreement;

  • contact information for resolving student complaints, i.e. the name of the school employee responsible for resolving student complaints, mailing address, email address and telephone number. Failure to resolve a student complaint could result in prohibiting the school from recruiting in Connecticut.

Click here for application.

Upon receipt of the application and a $500 fee, the Executive Director of the Office of Higher Education will, if all requirements are met, issue a permit to the school representative that is valid for a period of one year from the date of issuance. The issuance of a permit does not imply that the school or its courses of instruction are approved by the Executive Director. A permit must be issued for each recruiter.


450 Columbus Boulevard, Suite 707, Hartford, CT  06103-1841, Phone:  860-947-1800

Home | CT.gov Home | Send Feedback

State of Connecticut Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. Copyright 2002 - 2015 State of Connecticut

CT.gov logo